Waste Heat Recovery systems utilise existing energy sources in order to efficiently generate thermal heat, process heat or electricity.
These systems reduce energy costs, provide carbon credits for emission trading systems and help the environment by reducing emissions.
Gasco provides a comprehensive range of Waste Heat Recovery Systems for the following:
- Gas Turbines
- Gas and Diesel Engines
- Thermal Oxidizers
Gas Turbine heat recovery systems Gasco offers a complete turnkey plant comprising:
- Inlet duct
- Divertor valve
- Divertor stack
- Supplementary burner and controls
- Waste Heat Recovery Unit
- Exhaust Stack
Forms of Heat Recovery:
Heat Exchangers to heat thermal transfer fluids:
- Thermal Oil
- Hot Water
- Water Gylcol
Heat Exchanger to:
- Waste Gas Streams (Thermal Oxidizer)
- Combustion Air (Fired Heaters and Thermal Oxidizers)
- Make Up Air (Ovens and Furnaces)
- Make Up Air – Space Heating
Gasco can provide for either individual pieces of equipment or supply a complete turnkey operating system for either a new application or modifying an existing plant.
Our range of services includes:
- Survey/Analysis of existing systems
- Hot Oil, Hot Water or Steam distribution systems
- Turnkey Solutions
- Heat Recovery Steam Generators HRSGs
Gasco is a licensee of ERK, Berlin, Germany for their world famous Corner Tube Heat Recovery and Steam Generators and Boilers.
To date over 6,000 ERK boilers, HRSGs and high temperature recuperators have been supplied worldwide.
HRSG – Heat Recovery Steam Generators
- They are a form of waste heat recovery often applied to the exchange of gas turbines to recover energy as high pressure steam. Frequently the GT exhaust is augmented with additional heat input using supplementary firing using in-duct burners between GT and HRSG and utilising the excess oxygen in the flue gases without needing additional combustion air. The HRSG can also operate in Fresh Air Firing mode by incorporation of a combustion air fan and an automatic switchover mechanism with timing valves. Where HRSG's are used to generate steam for process it is Cogeneration. If the steam is then used to drive a steam turbine it would be Combined Cycle.
- The term HRSG can also be loosely used for Waste Heat Boilers for Reciprocating Engines, Process and Incinerator Waste Heat.
- Gasco is a licencee of world renowned boiler design company Eck Rohr Kessel (ERK) of Germany. ERK specialises in custom built boiler designs for a wide variety of boilers including process waste heat, gas turbines, MSW, RDF, Medical and Clinical Waste Incinerators.
Eck Rohr Kessel - https://www.erk-systems.com